Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mezclada Emociones

Have you ever been at the point where you don't know what to feel and your emotions are all mixed together?

I don't mean one situation that you can't decide where you stand, but that you're simultaneously happy about one situation and hurting about another.

That's where I'm at this week.  I have so much to be bouncing off the walls with joy for. I have so much that I'm sadden by. Happy, sad, joy, sorrow...all completely unrelated situations.

I'm beyond excited that Tyler and Jessie are finally ENGAGED!! The proposal was on fire, literally, in typical Tyler fashion. Jessie is an amazing friend to me and I can't wait for the day I can officially call her my sister. And an upcoming wedding lets me justify my Pinterest addiction. ;)  When the youngest of the Wilcox family heard the new he asked, "Does this mean I have to go to another wedding?" My own feelings couldn't be more the opposite!

Tomorrow morning Stacy is flying to Santiago!!! Words cannot contain how excited I am for this weekend. I get to see my sister while visiting SCORE and Freedom.  Less than 24 hours, now.

In the midst of all that excitement, I received some crushing news. Last Spring Break I spend a week with a team from Trinity on a mission to Chicago.  Yesterday, I learned that one of my team members from that trip had passed away unexpectedly. I can't go two seconds on Facebook with mention of it. My Newsfeed has been taken over by posts and memories of Eli. My notifications have blown up as other team members go back to my photo album from our trip.  Eli was goofy and loving; I was blessed to have him on that mission team with me. Eli lead worship for our team that week (and for many others as well). I pray that everyone connected to him might hold on to the truths of God that Eli so often sang.  Truths like those in the songs "Our God" and "Running in Circles", both of which there's videos of him singing; one mine from our trip and one on his Facebook.


As I was wrestling between excitement and sadness this afternoon, I was reminded of the Psalms. This mix of emotions is found in that book as the authors often seem to quickly jump between topics and emotions.






No comments:

Post a Comment